Friday, May 30, 2014

Camping

We went camping for the first bank hol in May. The weather was cold at night, we woke up to frost on the second morning, but the days were glorious and warm - perfect!
What I love most about camping is that we come away from all technology and have to interact with each other. The kidlets have to PLAY! Secondly, I LOVE THE FOOD!! I love making bread dough and cooking rolls on the fire, I love experimenting with the cooking and how social it is. We even made rolls this time, then filled them with cheese and tomato inside the pie-iron and made paninis. The effort and reward of campfire cooking is soothing for the soul!! Lochie got involved with cooking this time too, and under close supervision was allowed to light the fire. We had a great weekend with our friends.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos - I could dive into that panini right now!
    Looks like camping is also good for your soul x

    ReplyDelete