Friday, December 30, 2011

Craft


I am trying to show the children that a homemade gift is far better than anything you can buy (except pearls!) and so for the last 2 christmas' everyone has received a homemade something or other. I think time and effort will always outweigh cost, although again, pearls may over ride this.
My closest family all got a cushion this year, and I have just realised that I never finished my own. I will attempt to do that this weekend, can't put the decs away if I still have unfinished business. I'll take a pic of them once they're done.
These hearts were inspired by Kirsty Allsopp, she made bunting out of hers, but I preferred mine hanging free. As I type I can say that these were my favourite thing to make - so easy and rewarding!
Then with A LOT of help from my partner in crime, Lucy, I made a wall hanging for Paul which is now hanging above the computer desk. It came together far better than I could have hoped for and I'm very proud of it.
These random squares are another of Kirsty's ideas, known as stack and slash. Basically you take 5 different fabrics and make them into jig saw pieces.. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I have 15..!
Two posts in one day.. Shocker :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment