Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Squeeeee

I am on to the final stitches of my first project of the year.  It was bigger than I thought it would be, its totally not perfect with some glaring errors, but it still manages to look better than I thought it would and I'm very proud of it.  I can't wait to be able to give it and then post a pic of it!
B busy accessorising N
After my 20 mile bike ride on Sunday, Lucy and I stepped up our running training to running 3 mins, walking 1 min, 5 times on Monday.  We also swam 40 lengths on Monday night.  I could not move this morning!!  Every muscle and tendon in my body groaned with just breathing, let a lone lifting children and doing mundane stuff like making breakfast.  So I have re-adjusted my activities for the rest of the week to allow myself a bit of a break.  I am still cycling with my Dad tomorrow, and Paul when we go to Cardiff at the weekend.
Poser :-)
I totally forgot to mention my own exam last week, for my BFC course. Not sure how it slipped my mind given it caused me a great deal of stress!! Anyway, ha ha, I did. I'll know how I did in a couple of weeks

Quote of the week:
I ride my bike for selfish reasons.
I ride my bike so that I am not one of the ordinary people.
I ride my bike for the adrenaline, for the confidence it gives me, to feel empowered.
I ride my bike to be different, as a mountain biking woman you are something of an enigma.
I ride my bike to take me away from being a mum, an employee, old age, to being just me again.
I ride because I can.
~ Belinda Tarling, 9 x National Masters XC Champion, 2 x World Masters XC Champion

No comments:

Post a Comment