And what a relief too!! At Beltane last year Lucy and I decided that swapping wreaths and hanging specific bunting would be a festive thing to do to share the changes of the seasons with our children. One year on and I have completed 16 sets of Sabbat bunting, a set for us and a set for the Triffic Tippers. Yay me! Rather than getting my sewing machine out as the next Sabbat approaches, I can just reach into my box of tricks. Phew!!
I am particularly pleased with Beltane, the last one in the set, because I ingeniously made the bias binding, or ribbon, specifically to go with the lettering. After I had told Holly that 'Ribbon makes or breaks bunting' I then discovered that I didn't have quite the right stuff in my stash, and would either need to buy some or create some. So I made some and it worked a million times better than I dared hope!
I cut lengths of fabric 1.5in wide and sewed them together to create one continuous long strip. I then attached a nappy pin to my ironing board and fed the strip through it, to fold it, and pressed it with the iron as it fed through..