Sunday, July 21, 2013

My week in pictures

I have tried really hard this week to take a picture of one thing every day - sometimes a couple of things, sometimes just a 'selfie', but a picture nonetheless.

Its been a busy, HOT, one. I took an official stand this week, I drew a line in the sand (ok, there was no sand) but I did say 'enough is enough'. And whilst I can't share the details with you, and I may never be able to, I can say that I stood up for myself and whatever comes next, I did the right thing. Cryptic I know, but as I always say.. this is my blog.. about me! (If you know me personally, feel free to ask me next time I see you!)

Anyway.

Monday:
Look at the amazing tissues that Vikki treat me too. I do love a good skull!

Tuesday:
Zebra bunting for Elle's birthday! When I was recuperating, I knitted Lucy an 'Ugly cow horse' (what it lacked in beauty, it made up for in love!) anyway, at the time Elle jokingly challenged me to make her a zebra.. Zebra bunting much Elle?!

Wednesday:
I had lunch with Lucy today - they have now gone on holiday. Happy holiday Lucy!!
Bebe needed a super hero costume for school.. After a bit of faffing we hit upon the idea of mask.. Cue some cardboard, attached to some sunglasses.. and lots of glitter! As modelled by Niamh, mid photo bomb!

Thursday:
We took the toddlers to a local ruined Abby for a run around.

Friday:
Work!

Saturday:
Paul and Adam, with their charity hats on, came to the store and cycled on their turbo's for 6 hours to raise awareness for Neuroblastomo!!  Total combined mileage was 180.5!! And they raised over £150. They brought balloons, t shirts and an elephant costume.. Great!

Saturday night:
And in the evening, I went for a meal and cocktails to celebrate Elle's birthday, and non-hen night.
I always seem to wear this dress on a night out (like I go on many!!) but as Beyonce has Sacha Fierce, so I too have... Well, I'm not sure what her name is, but she deffo likes a tight leopard print dress and heels!
In league with Elle's hubby, Vikki and I set up a game of Mr and Mrs and obviously I needed my game show glasses and Bebe's barbie microphone..
 Cocktails...
 A selfie with Elle's sister, Sandy
 More cocktails..
Elle herself! HI ELLE! Loving your zebra corsage!

Sunday:
Ending on a bit of a high.. We had a fab family day today, and spent most of it swimming at Pauls gym. I went to the gym on my own late this afternoon and after my usual round of bike/cross trainer I hopped on the treadmill.. Its been a few weeks since I last tried and decided against running.. This Thursday sees me at 4 months post spinal fusion.. And today I ran. Ok, what I mean is I ran 1 min, walked 1 min, then ran 2mins, walked 1, ran 3 mins, walked 1 min.. and then continuously ran for 4 mins. That's 10 mins in total.. BLOODY AMAZING!! IN YOUR FACE SPINAL FUSION!!! I feel like this is something I can start building on maybe. It felt 'achievable' for the first time - rather than feeling like I was pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I'm not sure I'm making sense. But anyway. My fitness is good, my back felt solid, like I could train it to run again and 4 mins on the treadmill didn't kill me. Win!

I'm ending the week with another Selfie.
Personally I'm in a good place right now and I can't ask for more than that.
Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment