Sunday, June 30, 2013

Squeeeee!!

Clanettes!!! I went out on my bike this evening - on the road!! My first bike ride of 2013!!! I can't describe the feeling of accomplishment!! I LOVE MY BIKE!
Paul has rigged up some top brakes for me, so I don't have to lean on the drops to slow down.
I was petrified. The thought of coming off and ruining all of the last few months of patience and healing, had me rigid with fear. The kind of fear that builds and builds and I knew that if I didn't go out and just do it, then I would get to a point where I wouldn't be able to mentally do it. So I nailed it.
 
I have a loooong old road ahead of me. I probably didn't do more than a mile this evening. My back niggled oddly on the bumps, and I wobbled from lack of confidence, but it was a start. I have tasted my freedom and it was good!

2 comments: