Sunday, August 25, 2013

Highlights

Its 5 months today since I had my spine fused and I feel like I am finally in a place where I can see it was worth it and say that I would do it all again. My quality of life is at a point where if I had to stay like this for the rest of my life I would be happy - its not where I was this time last year, or where I hope to be again, but I'm not in a bad place and I could live like this without many complaints.

I finished the 3 day detox last week, and I am now 10lbs lighter than I was. Tomorrow is 14 days since I last had diet coke, squash, coffee and overly processed food. I have just invested in some wheatgrass and spirulina powder to ramp up my morning juices. I think my skin looks great and I feel good - I feel healthy! Zesty! Pleased with myself!
It was hard at work yesterday. I didn't take enough food with me and I stood in the cafe, waiting for the hot water I had requested for my herbal tea bag looking at the cakes and dreaming of coffee. I didn't get any, I don't need it right now. I'm not saying never, I'm just not right now.
I have been making plenty of time for the gym and the turbo, and I hope to get back out on my bike with Emma this autumn. 
The only thing I feel disappointed with is running. Running has become my nemesis. This thing that I couldn't and wouldn't do, that I did and grew to love, and that I still can't get back to. Yet.
Last weekend we went to stay with my parents straight after work. Paul wanted to to do a run through of the Ironman route and so he and my dad went out on their bikes, whilst my mum took me and my sister out for breakfast and to feed the ducks.


Speaking of cycling with Emma, she held an exhibition this week and displayed some of her paintings. It was fab Emma! Well done!
A colleague of Emma's had done some clay pieces that held huge significance for me and I would love to have the opportunity to ask her what inspired her to make a spine and a spine fused with metal!

We also spent a lovely morning at Bursledon windmill this week - an interactive 'wind in the willows' story session.

Sorry for the delay in posts this week Clanettes! Its been a crazy one, lots of appointments, sewing and working.
Thanks for reading xx

1 comment:

  1. Those are great results from the detox. Glad you're feeling zesty! (love that description!) :)

    ReplyDelete