Monday, September 10, 2012

Get Fit, Feel Epic - week 2





Week one flew by and here we are, entering week 2 of Get Fit, Feel Epic!  Rebecca, our host, over at Weight Wars has asked us to monitor our progress, so let me have a little round up of the last week:-

The 5 goals I set myself were to:
1) Cycle 300 miles during the 8 weeks
2) Run 60km (37 miles) in the next 8 weeks
3) Swim at least 12 times during the challenge
4) Yoga
5) Eat right
 
I have been totally and utterly outside my comfort zone with Paul away on RAB, so my exercise was pretty end loaded last week - end loaded and less than usual.

1) Cycle 300 miles during the 8 weeks
I did one 20mile ride with my Dad last week - 20 miles on a hybrid bike..!  It just about finished me off, but it was a great scenic ride nonetheless.  It really made me appreciate Amy, my road bike, and how easy she is to ride.  I can honestly say now that I don't think I would be the cyclist I am without her - the bike you ride really makes a difference!
I use an app on my phone called Endomondo to track my outside exercise - have a look at my page here.

 2) Run 60km (37 miles) in the next 8 weeks
 I did one 5km run last week, a new PB for me because it was the furthest I have run outside, and on my own.  It was a pretty daunting off road track run, but the weather was amazing and I really enjoyed it.

3) Swim at least 12 times during the challenge
I didn't manage to swim once last week, but I have started this week off with a bang and I went this evening!
 
4) Yoga
I got myself sorted first thing 4 mornings in a row, and then went to Reading for the weekend. Its tradition for the kidlets and me to climb into my Mums bed first thing in a morning - much better for my soul than any Yoga!

5) Eat right
Last week was tricky because I struggle to eat 'normally' when the situation isn't 'normal'.  I either veer down the path of snacking and chocolate city, or I trot on down the path of just not bothering to eat.
I always faithfully and honestly track my intake on MFP and last week looked like this:
Far too many carbs and not enough fat!!  Fearing that I would trot merrily down either path away from normal whilst Paul is away, this week I have stocked my freezer with Weight Watchers ready meals.  These are not ideal long term, and they are certainly not kind on your purse, but I feel like I now don't have to worry about my evening meal this week and so I have taken control of something that I would otherwise let slide. A definite win for me.


 
The challenge this week.... Find some way to display your goals and keep them in the front of your mind. Kind of like a reward chart for kids! Rebecca set this challenge because making our goals measurable and then measuring them is an important part of goal setting. We can agonise over the goals but unless we make moves to complete them what's the point? 
 
I already keep my achievements on a little chart on my fridge and I add to them as and when.  I will look at a way of adding my goals to the fridge too - watch this space!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your run! I've also started yoga in the mornings & I love it! Good luck with week 2 :)

    ReplyDelete