Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIAW#5

Clanettes!  Our fridge died yesterday, so today has been a mish mash of eating up food that I wasn't expecting too!
There was no milk for breakfast, so we all had pain aux choc's from the freezer.. I had bought them whilst reduced, and was saving them for a special occasion..  The fridge dying was just that occasion!  I had mine with orange juice and a banana.
I had a cup of herbal tea mid morning, with an apple, and have realised this week that the inspirational little notes are different each time!  I love it - even if they can be a bit random!
Once I had got the camping cool bag out and the freezer blocks on rotation, we stocked back up on milk and yoghurt etc and lunch was watercress soup - so easy!! Fry onions and garlic, add 2 medium potatoes and boil in stock (I used chicken bovril!) then add two bags of watercress and half a pint of milk.. reduce, blend, eat.. Yum! I topped mine with a dollop of yoghurt and some toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds.  Washed down with 2 slices of wholemeal toast.

We shared pepperoni pizza for tea.  Not my most nutrionally rich day, granted, but a great day nonetheless!

And remember - ALL herbal tea should be served specifically in a glass cup/tankard, thus making the drink 'special'.  Herbal tea is 'special' because it makes you feel virtuous.  I like to drink out of a glass half pint tankard, so I get to feel like a warrior in a tavern - virtuously obv.!


3 comments:

  1. The watercress soup sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! Thanks for your comment Plum petals x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does indeed - and a day that ends with pizza is never a bad day!!!

    ReplyDelete