Friday, September 7, 2012

RAB-a-hoy!

Paul left at 8.30 this morning, full of anticipation and excitement.
10 days is a long time, and the days are going to get tough for him, so we sent him off with notes of encouragement.  All our friends and family contributed.

I wrapped each days notes individually


It felt really positive - I was delighted with the end result and I hope that the notes/parcels will give him a boost every day.

And me?  I was emotional and I cried (obviously! I always do!) and I am full of nerves for the next 10 days.  I do however have some amazing support around me and my friends are being fabulous. I have a new found respect for people who's partners go away for lengths of time.  Its pretty daunting.  But its only 10 days and this is the ride of a life time.  We are team Christie, we can do anything!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fantastic idea, Paul is a lucky man to have such a supportive family behind him :)

    ReplyDelete