Monday, October 15, 2012

Get Fit, Feel Epic - Week 7


Thanks to Weight Wars and Moneysupermarket.com for hosting the last 8 weeks.  As we move into the final stretch I am feeling totally Epic!
This last week has been a tough week in terms of my ongoing post-op recovery. Swimming with Niamh last week, followed by 7 hours in sweaty lycra and a lot of physical exersion last Saturday gave me poorly stitches and I finally dragged myself to the drs last Monday for some antibiotics - you know you're in trouble when you gently knock your pushchair and cry out in pain.. Infected stitches are no laughing matter! Anyway, I pushed through as ever.

Lets re-cap my goals:
1) Cycle 300 miles during the 8 weeks - After 7 weeks I have cycled 209.52 miles

I have had an epic cycling week and couldn't physically cram any more in, cycling 67 miles! I am back in my cycling zone with a bang and am only dissapointed that I won't manage 90 miles this coming week, our last week, to meet my overall goal! I shall however, cram in as much as possible.

So, Monday was a turbo session (read about it here), and I have allowed 6 miles for the session - who actually knows how far we did or didn't do. Tuesday was a short ride to and from a run session, a round trip of 6.5miles. Saturday was a 15 mile ride with my friends Emma and Suzie, then Sunday was a 40 mile ride with Skyride. I have been one lucky lady for company this week.

The Skyride crew last Sunday.  It was a glorious day, although VERY cold in the beginning, the sun soon came out. I know I've said it before, but you really SHOULD find a Skyride local to you!
2) Run 60km (37 miles) in the next 8 weeks - After 7 weeks I have run 36km (22.5mi)
I put my running shoes back on last Tuesday and gritted my way through a very wet 5k. Running and waist bands didn't agree with my poorly wounds, so I didn't do another run this week. I was pleased that my time was pretty average for me though, so two weeks away hadn't impacted hugely. Yay!

3) Swim at least 12 times during the challenge - After 4 weeks I swam twice
3) A 45 mile sportive on the 21st October and associated training.
I'd say I successfully trained my newly trimmer botty off this week ready for next Sunday.


4) Yoga - Stretching has been hard this week, any sort of pressure on my tummy has hurt.

5) Eat right - I AM IN THE ZONE! Oh yeah!   

Last weeks challenge!  Push ups. They are a great functional movement and you can improve your strength really quickly.
Day 1 - Do as many push ups as you can. 

Day 2 - 6 - Try and add more each day
Write down all your results and your progress all through the week! 
I wasn't able to complete this challenge, the very act of getting down on the floor and then pushing using anything like my stomach muscles was excruiating for the first few days of last week.  I did however do a token 6 pushups on Saturday and Sunday as I started to feel better, I added these into my morning yoga.
 
Your challenge this week: A good old fashioned scavenger hunt...take pictures of  (and be inventive)
1. You after a workout
2. A piece of fitness equipment
3. Where you sleep
4. Favourite Movie
5. Your source of inspiration
6. Something that makes you happy
7. Nature
8. Something you've grown or created
9. Something you really should stop
10. Something new that you love

I'm a bit of photo addict, this is a great challenge, I am on it like a car bonnet! 

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a terrific job working towards your goals!!
    Can't wait to see your photo collage :)
    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job! Well done on your goals so far xxx

    ReplyDelete