Friday, October 12, 2012

Not So Sweet Smell of Non Scale Victories

Sometimes its important to focus on Non Scale Victories, or in my case, Non Exercise Victories. This was pointed out rather well by Rebecca at Weight Wars (As ever!), she wrote a great narrative this week that got me thinking - read it here.

Even with all the weight I have lost this year,  even now wearing a UK size 14/16, I am still a larger than average female, standing at over 6ft tall with size 10 feet. Wearing mens clothes and feeling frumpy is a way of life for me - despite my Mothers best efforts, constantly seeking femininity for me. Thank you Mama x x

Shoes have always been a particular issue. I could write and rant for pages and pages on the missing niche in the market.  Added to my already massive feet, all the extra weight I used to carry meant that I had big calves too, so even if I found a size 10 boot, it wouldn't necessarily zip up.

WELL NOT ANY MORE BABY!! HELLO BRAND NEW, AVERAGE JOE SIZED CALVES, AVERAGE JOE TALL GIRL WEBSITE!! HELLO NEW BOOTS!! EXTRA LONG FOR THE TALLER LADY!
This 'normal' feeling of ordering new boots and 'knowing' they will fit is why I keep setting my goals that bit further and higher. Why cycling 66 miles was such a milestone for me last week. Its why I run when I don't want too, its why I turbo train at silly-o-clock in friends garages. Today I feel pretty and feminine, albeit with an 'edge' - woe betide I lose my edge!

I've come along way.
I'd say Non Scale Victories, or Non Exercise Victories are pretty important. Wouldn't you.

6 comments:

  1. Whit-woo, nice boots! I hear you and have often struggled from the opposite end of the scale. I have to justify why my goal weight of 7-8 stone is normal for me and why being a size 8-10 (my goal) isn't super skinny, when you stand at 4'11" tall! I read somewhere recently that the size of your wrists is an indication of your *frame* size and can be irrelavent IRT height/weight. Sure enough I have child-size wrists, and therefore size 14, or over 10 stone is far too much and unhealthy for me. ooops, mini rant! And YAY for sexy Autumnal boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Jo! Here's to outside of average body shapes - and sexy autumnal boots xx

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! Love the boots :) Happy shoe shopping :)
    Great quote - something that I have to keep reminding myself each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the boots! Annnnnd your spirit! Xx

    ReplyDelete